Tuesday, March 26, 2013

What Would Be A Dream Website To Me?


I keep going on and on about this website I'm putting together, but it never seems to materialize--just a bunch of hot air.

Do people like you even wonder if I really AM putting together a website or if I'm just talking about it and not doing anything?

A writer friend once told me that he belonged to this group for awhile where members would sit around and share what they'd written with each other.

He said that there was this one guy who came to the group but never shared anything.  He always came there dressed like a writer (or his interpretation of a writer--stuff like wearing a certain kind of suit and always smoking a pipe) and carried around a pen and notebook with him.

However, Paul (not Paul Enger but another writer) said that he was starting to suspect that this gentleman was simply living in a fantasy world of sorts and liked the IDEA of being a writer but probably hadn't written that first word that would, at least, get him started on the REALITY of being a writer.

Just as not all people who write wear certain kinds of suits and smoke pipes, not all people who wear certain kinds of suits and smoke pipes are writers.

I'm not sure what people who build websites usually wear...but let's just say that I definitely have a style of my own--and, yes, I truly AM building a website!!!

It's just taking me more time to put it all together than I thought it would.

One of many reasons for this (with the other reasons having to do with various distractions) is that I'm not just putting together a website but, instead, am putting together my dream website.

In the past, I've made what I thought would be the ultimate website--but it turned out not to be the ultimate website, though each website I made had some of the characteristics of the ultimate website (with the term "ultimate website" being more accurately defined as a dream website--but not just ANY dream website but, instead, MY dream website).

Anyway, I'm now finally putting together what I believe will enjoy lasting status as my dream website.

So, what are the characteristics I'm seeking in a website (kinda like husband-hunting in a way  LOL)?

When I first set out to make my dream website (like a first attempt as such), I was still relatively new to Cyberspace and didn't know squat about it compared to what I do now.

One thing I knew that I wanted, however, was something at least slightly resembling organization.  That is, a website where there would be links to many--if not all--of my favorite online haunts all in one place.

It would also be a place of networking where I could help others. 

It might even become a source of income for me--though, at the time when I was initially putting this together, I didn't really see how that could be to any great extent, though it might bring in some pin money. 

As you'll soon find out, I'm thinking a whole lot more ambitiously now and know a whole lot more re: how to make things come to pass.

So, again...What are the characteristics I'm seeking in a website?

ONE:
*The Ability To Organize*

My website will, to the best of my abilities, eventually link to close to 100% of everywhere I hang out in Cyberspace.  

This will make it so that I'll have things pretty much at my fingertips when I might want to refer somebody to something found at one or more of those locations.  

This will also save me a lot of time when it comes to searching for something.  

At the time when I first grand-open it, a lot of this will be done, but there will still be some things needing to be added.  

Of course, there will always be new things needing to be added, as I'm always creating something new, finding a new place to hang out, etc.

TWO:
*Providing Food For The Spirit*

The spiritual side of me is what I live and breathe.  

I'm a creation of God--which means that I'm a creation of Love, because God is Love!!!  Without God/Love, I wouldn't even exist!!!  

I celebrate my spiritual side through the Christian Walk, and that's one thing that will never change with me.  

However, I would never pass laws that would force you to celebrate your spirituality exactly as I celebrate mine, because you are you and I am I, and how you see God should never be something dictated by laws but, instead, by personal feelings or it wouldn't even be real!  

My website will have spiritual things here and there--things such as an online Bible, devotionals, links to websites, etc.  No matter what you believe, you're welcome to look at them.  

I'll also be putting up links to sites, blogs, etc. of people who might not believe as I do.  The only religions I won't ever feature on here in positive ways would be satanism or some belief system (even if it's one calling itself a Christian one) that promotes hate.

THREE:
*Networking Capabilities*

I love to network--to be able to introduce people of like minds to each other so that they might be able to put their heads together when it comes to making positive changes in the universe.

Networking also means getting the word out about people who are trying to make a living but need for people to know about their businesses, items to sell, talents, etc.

It also means finding people who are interested in getting with me to help me to realize at least some of my dreams.

And there are countless other ways to network and purposes for the same.  Therefore, you will find a great deal of networking when you visit my website--when I get it ready to grand-open, that is.

FOUR:
*Encouraging Return Visits*

Obviously, this is important!

I want my website to offer so much variety--with all of it displayed in pleasing ways--that it will become a popular place in Cyberspace where people will not only go to check it out once but, also, will return time and time again!
FIVE:
*Five E Quality*

Educational 
Enlightening 
Empowering 
Entertaining
Exciting

SIX:
*Earning Capabilities*

Now that I've had more experience in Cyberspace (I'm 60 now but didn't start computing until I was almost 46 years old), I realize that it affords me opportunities to not only make a little pin money here and there but, also, the opportunities that will actually lead to my being gainfully self-employed--in short, a very successful entrepreneur.

Therefore, the bringing in of some much-needed cash will also be an impotant feature of my dream website--but, hopefully, without OVERLY-commercializing my talents to the point that there's an atmosphere of:

"Grease my palm!" 

instead of:

"I have a lot I want to share with you, and I hope that what I'm sharing will help to make the world a better place!"

Actually, I hope my website will both make the world a better place AND grease my palm!

After all, while the world needs all of the making it better it can get, my palm is also in need of a very good greasing!


SEVEN:
*And Then Some*

Which simply means that the possibilities are endless when it comes to my dream website.  At this point, I have only a limited idea of what all it can do, but I hope that, whatever it does, it will always be good and do no harm!



So, I guess that this just about says it all...(for now, anyway)...